The reduction of vehicle exhaust gases in underground environments is a strategic topic. For the abatement of dusts we can use devices which have been developed also thanks to Miretti Group and called as “particulate-preventing devices”. These devices can guarantee important advantages for the “engine life” too.
The article “HEALTH AND SAFETY IN UNDERGROUND” (published on the magazine “Strade & Autostrade”) considers the risks related to the environment in underground works. The reduction of vehicle exhaust gases is a strategic topic both for the healthiness of the atmosphere in the tunnel and for the reduction of the risk of explosion.
The article considers the Innovative Technologies for the abatement of dusts as kits developed also thanks to the Miretti Group’s R&D and called “particulate-preventing devices“.
These devices are not “filters” as normally known: they are installed before the high-pressure pump, into the fuel supply pipe and, thanks to their principle of operation, prevent the formation of unburnt particles (“particulate-preventing devices“). Therefore they are different from the traditional and better known particulate filters.
Several tests have been performed by accredited universities and laboratories.
In summary, the following reduction pollutants ranges:
- CO (carbon monoxide): −30 / −60% (−75%);
- CO2 (Carbon dioxide): −4 / −8% (−10%);
- HC (hydrocarbons): −30 / −40% (−50%);
- NOx (Nitrogen oxides): −5 / −15% (−20%);
- NO2 (Nitrogen dioxide): −10 / −25% (−35%);
- PM10 particulate: −20 / −40% (−50%);
- opacity (proportional to PM): −40 / −80% (−95%)
- increase of engine power;
- reduction of maintenance costs and extension of “engine life”;
- reduction of erosions and clogging of injection systems EGR valves and turbines;
- reduction of regeneration of the FAP;
- fuel savings from 4% to 10%;
- for more information, read the article and contact firstname.lastname@example.org >>>